I love reading questionnaires on other blogs, so I thought I’d play along!
Four names other people call me other than my real name.
- Abs or Ab – lots of people call me this from friends to coworkers to my niece
- Abby – my real name is Abigail, but I think only my Dad calls me that
- Flabby Abby – my old track friends
- Bertha – oddly it’s Kelly’s pet name for me
Four jobs I’ve had.
- Lifeguard/camp counsellor
- Lifeguard and swimming instructor
- Communications Advisor – my grownup job
Four movies I’ve watched more than once.
- Adventures in Babysitting – I think I know every line
- Beauty and the Beast
- Blood Diamond
- Crazy Stupid Love
Four books I recommend.
- Summer Sisters by Judy Blume – best beach read
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein – best book about dogs and friendship
- Anatomy for Runners by Jay Dicharry – best book for injury prevention if you’re a runner or athlete
- A Trip to Lazibonia – it’s a kids book and my favourite at my Grandma’s house. I couldn’t find it anywhere, so she gave me her copy!
Four places I’ve lived.
This list is super boring, as I’ve only truly lived in one place!
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Does backpacking Australia for three months count?
- I did ‘live’ in Pennsylvania for six weeks one summer while working at a camp
Four places I’ve been.
- New York City
Four places I’d rather be right now.
- Hiking in the mountains
- Reading under an umbrella on a beach, preferably with a cold drink in hand (I’d take almost any tropical beach) / playing in the ocean
- On a run in a new, big city
- Exploring Brazil
Four of my favorite foods.
- Raspberries fresh from the garden
Four things I don’t eat.
Almost any popular ‘blogger’ food…
- Sweet potatoes
Four TV shows I watch.
I only watch tv on Netflix, and I’m currently only watching two shows.
- Lost – 10 years late to the game but just finished season one!
This summer I did watch Nashville (I admittedly became obsessed) and How I Met Your Mother.
Four things I’m looking forward to this year.
Baby on the brain!
- Meeting our baby – due in early March
- Seeing Kelly as a Dad
- Maternity leave – no work for a year!
- Cross-country skiing – new cross-training
Four things I always say.
- I don’t know…what do you think? (I could win as the most indecisive person you’ve ever met.)
- Why don’t you decide? (see above)
- I wish I were running
- You’re a good boy – to Harold
Feel free to play along and answer some in the comments or on your blog!