I’m enjoying a relaxing Monday at home since today, July 1, marks Canada’s 146 birthday. There are tons of celebrations throughout the country, firework shows, and delicious BBQs.
Instead of heading out to the mountains (they are calling our names!) we stayed around the city and enjoyed a quiet weekend at home catching up on things we’ve neglected this summer including people, sleep, and house work!
The weather has been fabulous, which makes a long weekend that much better.
In spirit of the holiday, we’ll enjoy a fresh vegan feast tonight.
On the menu…
- Veggies from the Farmer’s Market
- Crispy baked zucchini fries from Chocolate Covered Katie
- Black bean burgers from Daily Garnish
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites from Oh She Glows (if I feel like turning on the oven!)
- Red berries from the Farmer’s Market
How are you celebrating Canada Day or the Fourth of July?
I know there is a Canada Day Road Race here, but I won’t be participating since I’m trying to be smart about Ironman recovery!
A simple search shows 506 Fourth of July races across the USA! Are you racing on Thursday? And are you dressing up?